Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Edinburg 10k

This past Saturday I ran the All American City Edinburg 10k. It was a frigid morning and I was freezing my socks off!! I was really nervous about how I was going to do because I hadn't ran in about 3-4 weeks and i was excited to know where I would stand in my running game. When the the race started i had a good 6:25 pace for the first two miles then at then then BOOM, it felt like I hit a wall. I had a massive pain underneath my rib cage, it felt like someone was inflating a balloon in my chest. So my 6:25 pace dropped to a pretty bad 8:30 pace. i was literally in pain, i seriously wanted to walk the rest of the race. But i told myself i couldn't. If i would have walked my friends " Eric the Beast Jimenez and Surge the Urge Garza" who went out there to support me would have ripped me new one! So i gathered what ever strength I got left and i pushed my self back to a 6:45-7:15 pace and kept it there for the whole race. I was glad that I finished with a PR of 44:01. I really surprised myself because I did a personal best without training and realized that i could have dropped another 2min by not getting cramped up at mile 2. So this race really showed the potential I have in running.

PR 44:01
Sporting my Wally's Jersey and Newtons

No comments:

Post a Comment